Pages

Wednesday 25 November 2020

WBS KAPA HAKA

 ainui  beach school has kapa haka every single year and it's pretty fun.We have the kapa haka festivals in Gisborne. Last year i was the kia for nui syndicate it was pretty embarrassing. Jasper said neke mato that means move right to go to the front of the stage. 

This year i was in second row and I was behind bay and he was the leader of the haka this year and he was good. One the day when i got to school i got my moko on and then koka Rathiel took a photo of me. After that I got my skirt ready so it fits on me. ween we got on the bus we all sung our songs for a praktis ween we got out of the bus we got in to this huge line. 

When we got all lined up in our lines we headed over to the stage and waited for 10 minutes and then the man with the mikra phone caldas up on to the stage do our proformints we started singing E teriyaki' otina the two hukas'erona and wainuie ween we all sit do

I really injod it because it was really fun on the stage!! I got to sing lots of songs and learn lots of  maori words to songs i didn't know. I was nervous this year and I was excited. I was happy at the end as it was out of the way for another year. 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about